Are you wondering what all the important deadlines and due dates are for your W2s, 1099’s, 940, 941, and Payroll Taxes in 2023?
Then you’re in the right place 😉
I’ve put together this mini-training video to help you with the most important deadlines you need to remember
Download the accompanying PDF here: https://CandusKampfer.com/2023
- E-file your 1099–NEC forms with Intuit on or before January 27, 2023 before 5:00 PM PT so they can be processed and postmarked to your contractors by January 31, 2023.
- Mailing 1099-NEC forms (not e-filing): Must be postmarked by January 31st to contractors & IRS.
- E-file your 1099-MISC forms by March 29, 2023 so they can be processed by March 31, 2023.
- Mailing 1099-MISC forms (not e-filing): Must be postmarked to IRS by February 28, 2023.
I prefer to have all forms completed by January. (For peace of mind 🤓)
Year End Payroll Form Deadlines
W2 ‘s & W3
- W2 forms become available from Intuit on January 13th, 2023.
- E-file your W-2 forms before January 27th at 5:00 PM PT so they can be processed by January 31, 2023.
- Mailing W-2 forms (not e-filing): You must furnish Copies B, C, and 2 of Form W-2 to your employees by January 31, 2023.
*W-2 forms if processed through Intuit will be mailed to your employees to the addresses indicated in the employee profile by January 31, 2023. (W-2 forms are mailed to employees by USPS from January 20 through February 1.)
940 Form – 2022 E-filing/Mailing Deadline
- The Form 940 annual filing deadline is January 31, 2023.
- However, if you deposited all your FUTA tax when it was due, you may file Form 940 by February 10, 2023.
941 Form – 2022 4th Quarter Deadline
- The 4th Quarter filing deadline for 2021 Form 941, Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return, is January 31, 2023
State Payroll Forms – Check with your tax professional for requirements.
Sales Tax Deadlines
Monthly: Due the last day of the month following the reporting period month.
Jan – March Due by April 30th
April – June Due by July 31st
July – September Due by October 31st
October – December Due by January 31st
(Prepayments are due on the 24th)
Sales Tax Accounts: Due January 31st for the prior year.
Qualified Purchasers and Consumer Use Tax Accounts:
Due by April 15th.
Prepayment accounts file on the 24th of the first 2 months of each quarter. https://www.accuratetax.com/resources/sales-tax-information/california/
Estimated Tax Deadlines
Estimated Tax Due Dates 2023
First Payment Jan 1 – March 31 Due by April 18, 2023
Second Payment April 1 – May 31 Due by June 15, 2023
Third Payment June 1 – Aug 31 Due by Sep. 15, 2023
Fourth Payment Sept 1 – Dec 31 Due by Jan. 15, 2024
Secretary of State Deadline
Statements of Information with Secretary of State
Six-month filing window that starts six months after the month of incorporation. (Example: If you incorporated in February, your filing period is the 1st day of Sept. through the last day of the following February.)
** All dates are subject to change. It’s your responsibility to review dates and deadlines.
The Most Important Deadlines to Remember in 2023
Get the PDF here: https://CandusKampfer.com/2023
Join the Free Workshop: https://CandusKampfer.com/workshop
Have you been using QuickBooks for a while, but when you pull a report you just don’t understand what it’s saying?
Does the idea of going to see your tax professional sound a little stressful and maybe cause you to feel like you want to pull your hair out?
I would love for you to join me on my customizing QuickBooks workshop.
I’ll be sharing:
- The most efficient way to track your Income and Expenses.
- How to create accurate reports in order to view how your business is actually doing and stop second-guessing yourself.
- Where to get the data you need to make the best decisions to grow your business.
And the #1 SECRET to feeling confident at your next tax appointment.
I’m excited to see you on the workshop!