Are you adding a bank account in QuickBooks or are you wanting to learn how to change the opening balance?
Then you are in the right place 😉
Make sure to grab your bank statement to figure out what your beginning balance amount will be. If you aren’t sure which one to grab make sure to watch the video for guidelines for a new account, mid-year or older accounts you are just adding to QuickBooks.
It all comes down to where you want to start for your taxes. 🤓
If you’re a Desktop user we have two additional videos for you:
Learn how to set up a bank account: https://canduskampfer.com/new-bank-account-and-switching-banks/
How to adjust your opening balance: https://canduskampfer.com/add-or-adjust-the-beginning-balance-in-quickbooks/
Steps to setting up a Bank Account and entering the Opening Balance:
Go to “Banking”
Go to “Link Account”
Add it Straight to your Chart of Accounts
Go to “Accounting”
“Chart of Accounts”
Decide if you need a Mid-month or Mid-year Statement
Go up to “New”
“Save account under” (Bank Account)
“Tax Form Section”
“Account Name” **Recommended: To add last 4 digits of account
You can ignore the “New Account Preview” or click “Starting date and opening balance”
then choose “More info on Opening Balances”
- “Beginning of the Year”
- “Beginning of this Month”
- “Other Date”
“Enter details required” like “Start date”, “Account balance at the end of the day” and “Account Balance”
- If you have no idea where the Account balance came from Opening Balance is the right choice.
- If the Account Balance came from you or Client who put the money in, do it as a Equity.
- If the Account Balance came from another Bank Account (Do this in a different screen)
Chart of Accounts:
When you’re in the Chart of Accounts, click View register to check the transaction details.
Have you been using QuickBooks for a while, but when you pull a report you just don’t understand what it’s saying?
Does the idea of going to see your tax professional sound a little stressful and maybe cause you to feel like you want to pull your hair out?
I would love for you to join me on my customizing QuickBooks workshop.
I’ll be sharing:
- The most efficient way to track your Income and Expenses.
- How to create accurate reports in order to view how your business is actually doing and stop second-guessing yourself.
- Where to get the data you need to make the best decisions to grow your business.
And the #1 SECRET to feeling confident at your next tax appointment.
I’m excited to see you on the workshop!