Do you know how to use “Bundles” in QuickBooks?
This feature can be super helpful to customize your invoices while speeding up your data entry.
This tip was inspired by one of our community members who wanted to customize her invoice for tracking purposes without showing the customer all of the unnecessary details.
If you’re wondering what the heck that means, 🤔 then click on the video below for all the details.
To combine labor and materials into one line on your invoice in QuickBooks Online using bundles, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Go to the Sales tab from the left-hand menu.
- Click on the Products and Services tab.
- Create a new bundled item by clicking on the New button.
- Give a name to your bundle, such as “Labor and Materials.”
- Add the individual labor and material items that you want to combine into this bundle.
- Set the appropriate quantity for each item within the bundle.
- Save the bundled item.
Now, when you create an invoice for a customer, you can simply select this newly created bundled item (“Labor and Materials”) instead of adding each labor and material item separately. It will automatically populate with all the included items, combining them into one line on your invoice.
Please note that bundles are only available in QuickBooks Online Plus and Advanced versions, so make sure you have access to these features before proceeding.
Share in the comments below if this helped you and if you had any ah-ha’s 💡
Have you been using QuickBooks for a while, but when you pull a report you just don’t understand what it’s saying?
Does the idea of going to see your tax professional sound a little stressful and maybe cause you to feel like you want to pull your hair out?
I would love for you to join me on my customizing QuickBooks workshop.
I’ll be sharing:
- The most efficient way to track your Income and Expenses.
- How to create accurate reports in order to view how your business is actually doing and stop second-guessing yourself.
- Where to get the data you need to make the best decisions to grow your business.
And the #1 SECRET to feeling confident at your next tax appointment.
I’m excited to see you on the workshop!